Friday, September 19, 2008

Casual Friday

I am adding a weekly posting to my blog. I am calling it Causal Friday. I will basically talk about everyday things. I will discuss my family, photography, t.v. shows, food, anything I can think of. My first Casual Friday post will be about Gas prices.

I went to the gas station yesterday with my husband. We were on our way to look at house, again... When he got out of the car, I said " Here, I have cash. How much do you think it will be"? He said " I don't know, give me $40." With those words, the price of gas really hit me. It had been hitting my bank account for a while, but it reminded me of how high it has become. I think it was because I had not paid with cash it years. I just put my card in and fill up. It made me think of the first time I got gas. I always paid with cash back then. Do you guys remember that. You had to walk into the gas station to pay, good times! I know it has been 11 years, but I remember it because I had no idea how much gas cost. When I pulled into the gas station,I was lost. I never gotten gas before and I really had no idea how much it would be. The gas station sign read .80 a gallon. That's right, .80 a gallon. I could fill up my gas tank for less than $15.

Yesterday when we started to pull away, I looked back at how much $40 got us. Not even a full tank. In 11 years, I went from being able to fill up my tank form $13-$15to not having a full tank with $40.

The last time I remember being so mad about gas prices was when it went up to $1.99 a gallon. When I passed that gas station and read $1.99, I was angry. Really angry. I would give anything to have gas be $1.99 a gallon. It would be life changing to us all. Maybe we should all go to bed tonight and pray for that.

1 comments:

Yours Truly said...

Great idea. Casual Friday... interesting theme. *laugh*

About gas prices... Arg! I know! Nearly $4 a gallon right now and that's decreasing from earlier this summer. I can't believe it. Gas really does impact our bank accounts a massive amount but at this rate what can we do about it? Arg! :(

I wish for $1.99 a gallon too. Actually $0.99 a gallon or $0.50 a gallon would be even better. *laugh*