Friday, September 26, 2008

Casual Friday

This week on Casual Friday I am going to share a story with you. This story started last week at a wedding I was shooting. During the reception a very nice guest at the wedding came up to us and started thanking us for all our hard work. Lindsey had already put up the slideshow so she also was complementing the picture. Now, this was a little into the night and everyone had been drinking for a while at this point. She started to tell us the story of her daughters wedding and their photographer. I could not even believe everything she was telling us. I kind of thought she was mistaken about a few things because she had been drinking. She told us about how mean she was and how horrible the pictures were. She even said she got the wrong size album and there were words misspelled in it. We couldn't believe some of the things she was saying. Then all of a sudden she says " I started a blog called, don't hire this women for your wedding photographer". It doesn't say "this women", it has her name. Both of our mouths dropped open. I could not believe these people were so unhappy with her, they started a blog. So, Lindsey Google the photographers name and there it was. They really did. I read there story and was shocked. I work so hard to give my brides everything they expect of me. I also get everything in writing. There is no room for any miscommunication. I explain everything up front and everything is in there contract. Times, albums ,cancellation polices. EVERYTHING! I decided not to give the photographers name because this is only one side of the story. I just wanted all the brides to know that the contract you sign with protects you as much as us. Make sure you get a copy of your contract and that everything is 100% before you sign. This also is a example of why you should not pick your photographer on price alone. You can find great photographers in most price rangers. Plus, if you find someone you like and they are out of your price range, call them anyways. Most photographers will work with you on your budget. Sometimes they have specials or are willing to cut back on there packages to make it cheaper. There is so much trust that comes with this job. Please make sure you pick the right person for you. I wonder if this women has lost bookings beacuse of this. Its only 2 spots down from the top when you google her name.

1 comments:

Yours Truly said...

Oh wow... I've never been that angry before but I can understand where that woman is coming from since weddings are a big deal for the families involve. Everyone wants their wedding and the ones of their loved ones to go well and the images from it beautiful and memorable so as to capture the moment. Who knows how the photographer viewed this situation or what might have happened outside what has been told.

PS: Thanks for the suggestions babe! I'll keep it in mind for my future wedding. If I ever get married. *laugh*